Fiji Guide

The most trusted source on Fiji

Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like around that time of the year, I am staying all of June and all of July, travelling from Australia. Trying to work out what sort of clothing I will need to pack. 

I would also like to get involved in the community while I am there, anyone done that or know where to begin i.e. reading stories to children. Also what I could take over to give to children.

Thanks

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that - is it windy?

Robert F. Kay said:

Kaz,

The weather is great between may till september 27 average and not cold at all. Bring mainly light clothing and maybe 1 weather proof jacket as sometimes it can cool a bit with showers if the weather changes. If u go to the local council in Savusavu they will head u in the right direction. knowledge in the form of books dvds etc showing them as children what they would like to learn.

Regards Barry.

Thanks so much Barry, that is great to know :)   

I read somewhere that females should not go into the township in short dresses or strappy ones like we would wear in Australia, would you agree? (living near the beach here a sarong is ok to walk around in lol) 

Have you visited SavuSavu much barry?  

Barry Smith said:

Kaz,

The weather is great between may till september 27 average and not cold at all. Bring mainly light clothing and maybe 1 weather proof jacket as sometimes it can cool a bit with showers if the weather changes. If u go to the local council in Savusavu they will head u in the right direction. knowledge in the form of books dvds etc showing them as children what they would like to learn.

Regards Barry.

Bula Kaz,

just a little tap...Savusavu is alittle town where they can see you from a mile..I dont think evryone are so judgemental anymore on what you wear as a local or tourist but descent and not too revealing clothing give a sense of repect and easily reprocicated ;..even goes along way to keep friends or some morally correct locals a sense that you represent aura of balance in paradise...bring some warm clothes cause of light showers n cold at night..sarong too..:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

© 2018   Created by Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service