Fiji Guide

The most trusted source on Fiji

The great thing about the internet, you can get so much information on a place you want to visit.  The bad thing, sometimes its too much information and can get paralyzed with the options.  Hoping those of you who have first hand knowledge can help guide me.  We will be flying to Fiji from the US on May 14, 2016 arriving the morning of May 16 and returning on June 2, 2016 to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday and our 9th wedding anniversary.  

My thought was to do a 7 day cruise to explore the Yasawa and Mamanuca island chain - either with Captain Cook or Blue Lagoon Cruises, does anyone recommend one over the other?  Or have other options?  I really don't want to be packing and unpacking every few days which is why I thought of the cruise.  Then my thought was to transfer to Vanua Levu to a resort from where we can explore another area of Fiji.  I'm leaning towards Namale as it has great reviews, is all inclusive and adults only - i'm torn between a honeymoon bure and one of the one bedroom villa's.  All the reviews say do the villa's but are they really worth the additional cost?

I'm looking for any and all suggestions.  We'll be in Fiji for 17 nights, we are active people and plan to SCUBA as well as explore the beauty and culture of Fiji and have time for relaxation. Haven't really established a budget but probably around US $15k (not including flights from US).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Liz

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Liz,

Here are a few comments... 

My thought was to do a 7 day cruise to explore the Yasawa and Mamanuca island chain - either with Captain Cook or Blue Lagoon Cruises, does anyone recommend one over the other?  Or have other options?  I really don't want to be packing and unpacking every few days which is why I thought of the cruise.  Then my thought was to transfer to Vanua Levu to a resort from where we can explore another area of Fiji.  

I haven't heard that there was too much of a difference. Did you check Trip Advisor?  I'd go with the smaller vessel instead of tossing a coin. More intimacy.  As an alternative,  I took a great trip on the Tui Tai a couple of years back. If you need to be on mainstream "conventional" cruise take the Capt Cook or the Blue Lagoon. Otherwise, I'd consider the Tui Tai and I would do that again in a heart  beat. They go to remote places Capt Cook and Blue Lagoon would never go.   You can read the series and see if it appeals to you. here: http://fijiguide.com/forum/topics/recommendation?xg_source=activity

I'm leaning towards Namale as it has great reviews, is all inclusive and adults only - i'm torn between a honeymoon bure and one of the one bedroom villa's.  All the reviews say do the villa's but are they really worth the additional cost?

Namale is a great property. I don't know about which room would be best for you but you're not going to be disappointed either way I'm sure.

There are some other cool properties on Taveuni too. 

If you're interested in having me help you plan your trip for a fee, feel free to contact me at rkay@fijiguide.com. I would need to know more about your requirements.

best regards,

Rob

Thanks Rob for your comments.  I did look at trip advisor and cruise critic for info on Capt Cook and Blue Lagoon, there just wasn't much that was current and most hadn't traveled on both to give a one over the other recommendation.  I also looked at Tui Tai but read some really awful reviews - your recommendation prompted me to go back and search a little more.  I did find some recent positive reviews so I'll add that one back into consideration.  Thanks!

I think if someone goes on the Tui Tai expecting the lap of luxury they may be disappointed. I thought it was a great experience. I met local people and was able to interact with crew members on a level that wouldn't be possible on a big ship. You'll get a very Fijian experience out of it. I doubt this would ever happen with Capt Cook or Blue lagoon. It really depends on what your expectations are. I have no idea of what you want in terms of accommodations, food, etc.

Very interesting post Rob. Thanks for the useful information!  

Following numerous file rejections by banks for my credit applications I had my loan between private thanks to DESPRES.
It can help you like me, you who are in need it can be reached to: gille.despres@gmail.com
Contacted him if you are in need.
He granted me a credit of 30,000 FJD refundable over 2 years with a secured procedure.
Contact email: gille.despres@gmail.com
PS: Bring the message to all your friends and relatives who are in need

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

© 2017   Created by Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service